You can apply for a new Estonian citizen passport and ID-card by post or directly from the Estonian Police and Boarder Guard Board e-service center if less than 5 years have passed since taking of fingerprints and applying for the previous passport. Use POST when you do not have valid ID card. Use E-SERVICE CENTER if you are able to sign electronically with your Estonian ID-card. Passports for children under 12 years of age can also be renewed by post and e-service center as fingerprints will not taken from children under 12. And you can always renew your ID card by post, since fingerprints are not needed.
- BY POST
Police and Border Guard Administration
Pärnu mnt 139
- Applying first time for documents at the Embassy
Please book an appointment online or over the phone (972) 3 710 39 10. The phone line is open Monday to Thursday 9.00-14.00. Our e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
- at the age 12 and above the application should be handed over personally.
- fill in standard application form (in english, in estonian)
- fill in first passport application form
- send digital photo (JPEG, 500 kb, 650X800) to email@example.com add your name and date of birth or personal code.
- include a document proving your Estonian citizenship (e.g an original birth certificate or other document declaring that one of your parents or grandparents is an Estonian citizen). Israeli birth and marriage certificates can be obtained from Population and Immigration Authority. We recommend to order bilingual certificates (in English and in Hebrew) Certificates need to be authenticated with an Apostille that can be obtained from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel. If the certificates need translation (to Estonian, English or Russian) must be done by sworn translator or authenticated by notary.
- if applying first time for a child’s passport and in case the other parent holds other citizenship than Estonian, enclose the other parent’s written consent and passport copy.
- we accept payments by all major credit and debit cards. If you pay by bank transfer, please bring payment slip.
The new passport or ID-card will generally reach the Embassy within 4-6 weeks. Please book an appointment for pick up here or over the phone +972 3 710 39 10. The phone line is open: Monday to Thursday 9.00-14.00. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. At the age 15 and above the passport and ID card will be handed out to the owner only.
You can check your document application status on Estonian Police and Border Guard Department website.