Prior to contacting the embassy, please familiarise yourself with the information how to apply/renew your Estonian citizen’s documents. Attention ! Your documents may take 8 weeks to arrive our Embassy in Tel Aviv.
On what occasion do I have to book an appointment and submit the application at the embassy in person?
- If it has been more than 6 years since the last passport application (then you need to give new fingerprints)
- the Police and Border Guard Board confirms that new fingerprints are required.
- Your child has reached 12 years of age and therefore needs to give fingerprints
- if you wish that someone else picks up your passport/ID-card on your behalf. A written consent can only be given at the Embassy during the passport application.
all other cases, the most effective is Police self-service portal (with ID-card, Mobile-ID or Smart-ID)
use postal option : send the application and the receipt of the state fee payment by post
Police and Border Guard
Pärnu mnt 139
For passport services at the embassy (book an appointment HERE):
- application form (in english, or in estonian) check “Instructions for completing application”
- When applying for an Estonian citizen’s document for the first time, an additional form has to be submitted (in english) or (in estonian) + include a document proving your Estonian citizenship (e.g an original birth certificate or other document declaring that one of your parents or grandparents is an Estonian citizen). We recommend to order bilingual certificates (in English and in Hebrew) Certificates need to be authenticated with an Apostille that can be obtained from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel. If the certificates need translation (to Estonian, English or Russian) must be done by sworn translator or authenticated by notary.
- In case your name has changed please include (name change) or marriage certificate can be obtained from Population and Immigration Authority + apostille
- if applying first time for a child’s passport, and the other parent holds other citizenship than Estonian, please enclose the other parent’s passport copy + written consent
- we accept payments by all major credit and debit cards. (PIN needed). If you pay by bank transfer, please bring payment slip.
- If you wish that someone one can pick up your passport, please fill an authorization with your passport application (NB! this person must have valid Estonian identity document)
- send digital photo to firstname.lastname@example.org add your name and date of birth /or personal code.
FOR PICK UP : The new passport or ID-card will generally reach the Embassy within 8 weeks. Please book an appointment for pick up here Attention: at the age 15 and above the passport and ID card will be handed out to the owner only.
check your document application status