Prior to contacting the embassy, please familiarise yourself with the information how to apply/renew your Estonian citizen’s documents. Attention ! Your documents may take 8 weeks to arrive our Embassy in Tel Aviv.
On what occasion do I have to book an appointment and submit the application at the embassy in person?
- If it has been more than 6 years since the last passport application (then you need to give new fingerprints). Biometrics validity check here
- Your child has reached 12 years of age and therefore needs to give fingerprints
- if you wish that someone else would pick up your passport/ID-card on your behalf. A written consent can only be given at the Embassy during the passport application.
all other cases, the most effective is Police self-service portal (with ID-card, Mobile-ID or Smart-ID)
send the application and the receipt of the state fee payment by post to
Police and Border Guard
Pärnu mnt 139
For passport services at the embassy (book an appointment HERE):
- application form (in english, or in estonian) check “Instructions for completing application”
- When applying for an Estonian citizen’s document for the first time, an additional form has to be submitted (in english) or (in estonian) + include a document proving your Estonian citizenship (e.g an original birth certificate or other document declaring that one of your parents or grandparents is an Estonian citizen). We recommend to order a bilingual certificate (in English and in Hebrew) Certificates need to be authenticated with an Apostille from Ministry of Foreign Affairs or from Registrars of Magistrates’ Courts.
- In case your name has changed, please include original document (name change) or marriage certificate, it can be obtained from Population and Immigration Authority + apostille
- If the document is not in Estonian, Russian or English language, it will have to be translated and the translation must be done by a sworn translator or notarized.
- if applying first time for a child’s passport, and the other parent holds other citizenship than Estonian, please enclose the other parent’s passport copy + written consent
- we accept payments by all major credit and debit cards. (PIN needed). If you pay by bank transfer, please bring payment slip.
- If you wish that someone one can pick up your passport, please fill an authorization with your passport application (NB! this person must have valid Estonian identity document)
- send digital photo to email@example.com add your name and date of birth /or personal code.
PICK UP : as the new passport or ID-card will generally reach the Embassy within 8 weeks, notification will be sent by e-mail. Applying for a passport under expedited procedure is only possible in Estonia.Please book an appointment for pick up here Attention: at the age 15 and above the passport and ID card will be handed out to the owner only.
check your document application status