from September 21 to 27 is worldwide ESTONIAN LANGUAGE WEEK focusing on tastes, food culture, (Estonian) cuisine.The activities of the language week include the following initiatives:
1) virtual language café – language roulette https://www.integratsioon.ee/virtuaalsete-luhivestluste…
2) virtual language cooking school in cooperation with Nami-Nami and food blogger Pille Petersoo. in KeelEST social media channels you will find one video every day in plain Estonian, with recipes in Estonian, Russian and English;
Short videos of the preparation of national dishes of the participating teams at the Bocuse d’Or 2020 in Tallinn.
3) café conversations in Estonian, where language learners can practice café and food-related expressions with volunteers; Cafes Komeet, Maiasmokk, Werner and Gustav will open their doors.
4) Language gourmet on the 23rd of September at 5:30pm in cooperation with restaurant Gloria: Renown Estonian poetess Doris Kareva’s will read her poetry in English and give some context to it. Music will be performed by a violin ensemble Magic Strings.
More information: https://www.facebook.com/events/2760941947524118
5) we are inviting everyone to globally organize and record food-related language lessons, (joint) cooking, morning-lunch-dinners, during which words, expressions are learned, and conversation topics are developed. Blogs, language maps, and all digital environments can help.Capture a small video clip of the event or save it as a picture (please add a description in Estonian), find our event on Facebook and make it public with the topic reference #keelest2020.
6) Go to www.keelest.ee and mark your participation in the language week on the world mapBon appetite for the Estonian language! Please choose your country on the map: https://keelest.estinst.ee/en/#map
The event is organized by Estonian Institute in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Research, Ministry of Culture, Integration Foundation and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.